Friday, September 5, 2008

New Update

The track of this storm has changed a million times this week, as of the 11am track they have it making landfall around myrtle beach again, but there is still some uncertainty. We are under a Tropical Storm Warning. All schools and gov't offices are closed today, and the EMS is encouraging people to stay home and close all other businesses early. I honestly don't think that it will be too bad here, but we will wait and see I guess. The winds are starting to pick up, and the first outer rain band is supposed to come through in about an hour. High tide is supposed to be at 2pm so I think if it is not storming too bad we are going to go down to the river and see if the seawall has been breached. I will take pics if it looks cool. lol. Right now the base has been put on alert for Hurricane Ike. There is a lot of uncertainty as to what that storm is going to do right now and they are kind of freaking out around here about it. But again, we will wait it out and see what happens. . lol. I was kind of hoping we were going to have to evac, just so we would have an excuse to go back to bama for a couple of days, but oh well, ha ha. Our power tends to go out quite easily, so if I still have power later tonight I will post another update.

No comments: