Sunday, August 5, 2007

A Little Adult Conversation goes a long way. . .

Oh my gosh. . you never know how much you miss talking to an adult until you have the opportunity. . now don't get me wrong my 2 year old is quite the conversationalist and she always has something interesting to say. . but half of it I can't understand. . ha ha. I finally met some ladies here that I think I am going to get along with really well. I started talking to one of them on myspace and then we decided to meet up yesterday. . and I met another at the Family Support Group Meeting last night. One has a 2 year old son and him and my baby girl got along sooo well. . We ended up all going over to one of the girl's house to eat dinner and we didn't leave until 1 am. We were all so excited about talking to an adult I think. They are both wives from my command so we have that in common. I am also starting to take the lil one to 2 play groups every week. One here at LB and the other is a Mommy's morning out thing at PI. I am soo looking forward to that. She loves playing with other kids. . but I was having trouble finding mommies that I could tolerate long enough for that. . but now I think I have! YAY! Ha ha sorry to ramble. . but I am just relieved. . I think this will help pass the time of cruise a lot better!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

That's probably why I can talk my mother's ears off when we're together, or on the phone. lol
Funny, someone on my mommy board just invited me to join a local board, so I might be making some friends, too. (It is really sad that in the 7 yrs I've lived here, I haven't managed to make any friends, other than being pals with a few neighbors.)


As for mourning your first baby growing up, wait until it is your last baby. I am this close || to jumping Bill and saying "Let's make another baby before the vasectomy starts to work!"