Friday, January 23, 2009

Aggravating. . .

First let me say I am so very proud of my husband for taking the initiative to get his college degree. He is doing so not only to better himself, but to provide for me and Maddison. I am so appreciative of that. . but, yes there is a but. It gets really aggravating when he waits until the very last minute to do his homework/quizzes/tests or whatever he has to do. He has 7 days to get the shit done and 95% of the time he waits until the day it is due to finish it. Then he is bitching and complaining about Maddison interrupting, or like today when we had plans for when he got home from work.. but NO! He didn't have a chance to take 2 quizzes this past week so he has to do those first. Well, it is almost 7 now and he just started on number 2. . so do you think we are going to be able to get out? NO!

I know I sound selfish and stupid. . I am aware of that. From the outside looking in I would be like "dumb bitch, he is working all week and going to school give him a break!". But our situation is different than that. In 2 months we will be apart for a year or longer. He works at least 5 days a week 12-16 hours a day. We have very limited time together as it is. Knowing this, and knowing that we have a looming deployment our time together is precious little. Having to use an entire Friday night to get homework done is devastating at this point. I know this post is incredibly whiny, but I just needed to vent before I had to go back into my room and cry. lol.

The only upside of all of this is next week he has finals in one class and the week after for the other and after that he will have is Associates finished!! Woo hoo! Now on to the Bachelor's. . BLAH. Maybe one day when he finishes I will be able to say that about myself. Patience is virtue.

1 comment:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Oh hun.. why didn't you call me? I'm sorry that he is doing this again.. I hope you're not too upset or sad.. I love you hun.. If/when this movie is over that Kevin is watching, I'll call you to check up on you. The tv is too loud and I'm feeding Leala so I can't go anywhere to call you...

Take it easy and I hope tomorrow is better..