Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My plans for 2009

As promised I will update you on my plans for the year.

Last Friday Brandon had quarters and the skipper gave them their "schedule" for the year. I will not be posting exact dates or destinations here in the blog due to OPSEC/PERSEC (operational security/personal security for you non military people. . lol). But I will give you a general idea.

Right now some of the squadron is gone on a boat det (again DET means detachement). Brandon got lucky and did not have to go. . he talked his supervisor into letting him stay here because he has finals next week. But he has to go on every upcoming DET they have.

Next month and well into the next they will be gone to a boat.

The will be here for a VERY short period of time and then will be going back out west to a place they go quite often for a DET.

They will again be home for a very short period of time before returning to the boat again for COMPTUEX to prepare for deployment. They will be on the boat then for over a month. To return here and begin the POM (Pre-operational Movement) leave period. They will then deploy in July to return after the start of the next year.

Sooo all that being stated I can begin with our plans. As some of you know we have been discussing me moving back to AL during this deployment so that we can try and save up some money to pay of debt etc. (I am only considering this because we will find out this Dec. if he made Warrant Officer, and if not we will be PCSing from here pretty soon after they get back from deployment anyway, so that is why I am willing to give up my house.) Anyway, the plan was for me to move back in June while Brandon was on POM leave. But now that we know that he is not going to be here pretty much at all starting next month, we have decided that I should go back in March instead. There will be a 2 week period that he will be here in March so we are going to use that time period to get our stuff moved into storage and get me moved back.

Sooo. . yay. I will be back in AL for a while. I think it will be really good for Maddison to get to be around family and stuff for a while. It is going to be really sad though. A normal deployment for us (which is hard enough as it is) is now going to turn into over a year. I will miss Brandon terribly and I don't want to even start to think about it right now. But I can't change the fact that he is leaving, and me leaving a few months early is not really going to hurt anything because he won't be here anyway. Hopefully this is something that will pay off for us in the long run.

There is just a lot of uncertainty that is still surrounding this whole thing. . for the ones of you that know about my mom's situation. . that is going to play a huge factor into what happens with us. . so I don't even know where I will be living. It is kinda scary. But whatever. I know I can always come back here if I have to. .lol.

Sometimes the uncertainty that comes along with being a military wife is too much to take. I have been so stressed out the past week or so. We are in final countdown mode again and I don't like it. That deployment day will be here before I know it and I am dreading it with all of my heart already. We knew it was coming, but that still doesn't make it any easier. Pretty much I have the rest of this month left with my hubby and after that I won't have a whole month with him again until well into 2010. :[

Anyway, those are the plans. .things around here have been changed a lot because of all of this. I was not able to get Maddison started in ballet due to the fact that we won't be here for more that 2 more months. . so we will figure that out in AL. And there are a few friends around here that I am going to be so sad to leave. That is another thing that stinks about this life. Making amazing friends and then having to say goodbye to them.

Well, I am making myself very sad about all of this so I am going to stop writing about it now. But I am sure I will have much more to say about it in the coming weeks/months.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jennifer said...

Well someone commented as "Anonymous" and told me I was violating OPSEC with what I posted. #1 Don't be a pussy and not say who you are. #2 I just let my husband read this post and get his idea of whether or not I violated anything. He said HELL NO. I did not give any dates, ships names, locations or anything. Not to mention you have no idea what Command my husband is even with. I am very careful about OPSEC, I understand the importance. And besides you can get more detailed information then I just gave off of the Navy's own website. Not to mention all of the other forums and shit that don't moderate anything and lots of info is leaked. So don't be harassing me when I am in the right. Besides this blog is for me to write to my friends and family and if you are not one of those then you can can look up at the top right hand corner of your screen and press that little red x. Thanks.

Oh yeah, and I deleted the comment because I was so pissed. . I should have left it though.

Anonymous said...

Hey! This is Jill, I just came from you MySpace link. Anyway, that sucks about Brandon being gone so long. I am excited that you will be moving back though. I know Abby will love to see Maddison!! I don't know what is going on with your Mom but I hope all is ok. If you need anything just let me know. We will help you in anyway we can.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Holy crap.. people are dumb..

I'm sorry you have to deal with all this.. I'm always here for you.. Love ya hun.