Monday, January 26, 2009

Yummy. .

I made my first homemade pizza last night!! I was so nervous about how it would turn out. (Mostly because the last time we attempted a pizza I was about 8, having a sleepover, and my mom decided it would be fun for us all to make a pizza. . good idea in theory. She bought a kit to do it, and in the end we ended up eating it with spoons because the dough never set.) But this time it turned out perfectly! I was so excited!! It took forever to make though, that was the only downfall. After you got the dough mixed, kneaded, and let it rise for an hour, cooked the sausage, formed the dough, put all the toppings on it and let it cook for about 30 minutes you are starving. . haha. It is so much easier to call Papa J's. But it was super yummy and we had fun making it, so I am sure I will attempt it again in the future! Next time we will experiment more with toppings. . we were keeping it simple this time since we didn't know how it would turn out. :]

A picture for your drooling pleasure. . lol


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Homemade dough is yummy (and easier if you have a bread machine), but premade crusts are easier. Or, check your grocery store's bakery. Our Publix sells raw pizza dough.

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Yummy! I am soo hungry!

Anne said...

Checking out blogs and came across yours so I'd thought I leave a comment. Your pizza looks so good. I don't know what it is but everyone in blog land is posting pics of their yummy pizza's that they had made for dinner. So I thought I'd try to make one again as well. But to no luck it did not turn out again. But I'm not going to stop trying. I'm going to try it again soon. Your pizza looks really good though.