Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Trip to Bama (Sorry it is so long. . lol)

Well, it has been a while since I have been able to sit down and blog. It has been a crazy busy month. We just got back in from Alabama last night. We had a good trip. We didn't get to do everything that we wanted to do or see everyone that we wanted to see, but we never get to accomplish all of that. . which sucks.

We decided before we got there this time that we were going to take a more relaxed approach to things and just do what happened. . and it sort of worked. It just gets so frustrating when certain people are calling constantly asking if we are going to go see so and so or when we are coming by there. DAMN!! We will get there when we do. It pisses me off that we drive 8 hours to be there. . we are only there for a very limited time. . but people can't seem to try and accommodate us. It would help out tremendously if people would all meet at one location so we can see everyone at once rather than us having to drive all around 2 counties trying to see them. Then they get pissy if we don't get to make it there, or if we only get to spend a short period of time there. Oh well.. that is my rant. But things will be changing in the future. . we have decided. . if they can't make the time to meet us in the middle on things then we will not make time to go spend time with them. And this whole childish "well are you gonna go see so and so or you never come see us" thing is just over. LOL. Anyway. . ha ha most of you know who I am talking about.

Back to the topic. . our trip was good.
**The night we got there Brandon had booked us a room at the new Westin at Bridge Street. It was so freaking nice. It was only like 20 yards from all of the cool restaurants like Ketchup, Dolce, PF Chang. . and so on. . so we had a great pick of where to eat. We got slightly buzzed and walked around Bridge Street for a while and then headed back to our very nice hotel room. Great to have a night away from the kiddo. . then we got up early the next morning and ate at Cracker Barrel. . lol.
**New Year's Eve was just pretty much another day. Mom wanted us to come out and party with them, but we didn't have a baby sitter so we chose to stay in. We hung out with Kristin and Josh and played the Wii most of the night. It was pretty fun. Nothing wild and crazy. Mom came in completely wasted. . knocking over lamps and spilling drinks everywhere.. then she got a little out of hand and I almost punched her out. . so my stepdad made her go to bed. . but that is a story for another day. lol
**New Year's day was fun. We kind of just chilled out that morning and took our time getting ready, then we decided to go see Nanny. When we got out there she was cooking and about to go over to my favorite Aunt's house. So we crashed their party. lol. 2 of my cousins and their families were there. . so we got to see them too. Maddison had a blast. . so many people to play with. We ended up eating (black eyed peas, pig, and greens of course. . lol) and then sitting at the table and talking until like 2am. . ha ha. . I am sure they were glad to see us go. But it was a lot of fun.
**We spent all day Saturday and Sunday out at Nanny's house getting lots of things done for her. I knew she has a to do list a million miles long and she isn't able to do most of the stuff on it herself. . so while I had Brandon with me I wanted to get out there and get them done for her. My mom, stepdad, aunt and uncle also came and helped out tremendously. We didn't get as much done as I had hoped but we got the main things done. We organized her entire garage, organized and deep cleaned the entire kitchen, and moved my little brother out. (FINALLY!!) They guys got the yard raked, 3 motion lights hung outside, her garden lights installed, her door locks changed so the brother can't get back in, and lots of other little things done. She was so grateful, but I am just so happy that we got some of it done for her. . there are a few other things that still need to be done, but mom says she is going to go do them as she can.
**The rest of the trip was good. Unfortunately Brandon's grandmother got put in the hospital right after we got there, after a few misdiagnoses they finally figured out she needed her gallbladder removed. She is home now and seems to be doing great.

I think that is about all of the highlights of the trip. . lol. Maddison got tons more Christmas presents. . yay. . ha ha.

It is good to be home, but I do miss everyone. I hate that we can't see them more often. I am not feeling very well today. . I seriously hope I am not getting sick. I wasn't feeling well on the trip home yesterday either. . I even took a nap in the car which is not like me at all. Last night was awful. . I didn't sleep hardly any. But I don't have time to get sick. . lol. I have to unpack today and then start getting all of this Christmas down!! I don't want to look at it anymore!!! And my hubby is not going to be able to help with any of it! GRRRR!! He has to work all day today and then he has watch tonight from 2400-0800. Then he will have to work again tomorrow. .because his lovely LPO is not allowing comp time. . nice. Anyway that is a rant for another day.

1 comment:

Everyday Mom Designs said...

Sounds like an eventful trip.. You gotta tell me more about your mom and your brother.. hehe..

Well, call me when you feel better. I hope you're not actually sick. :) Love ya.